Opening Early August
All meetings must be scheduled through the virtual platform. Specific hours have been set aside so as not to conflict with official Convention functions. More details will be forthcoming regarding the scheduling platform.
How do the Customer Business Meetings work?
All registrants have the opportunity to request meetings through the virtual platform. Meetings can be accepted or rejected by the other party or an alternative time can be suggested. Meetings can take any direction the participants choose from the review of an established account to the introduction of a new product or service.
How do I set up appointments?
An attendee list will be updated continuously on the virtual platform. Use the list to see who else is coming to the Convention, and then contact them through the scheduling platform to set up a meeting time during the Convention. If a company is all booked, ask if they are holding a Speed Meeting session or if they are willing to have a chat outside the official Convention schedule. You would need to set up these meetings on your own (Zoom, etc.)
How do I get on the Attendee List?
Register early! The earlier you register, the more opportunities you have to schedule meetings.
Tips for Scheduling Meetings
• Reach out to other participating companies as soon as possible to begin scheduling meetings!
• Be open-minded and look for opportunities to schedule meetings with new companies.
• Use the full three-day format to schedule meetings.
• Make sure you have the right people registered for the convention based on the meetings you want to conduct. Consider bringing teams of people that can address both the frozen and refrigerated foods sides of your business.
• Confirm all meetings prior to the convention.
How can I keep track of everything?
Use the platform! The NFRA Convention platform, including the mobile app, allows you to keep track of the daily schedule, your business appointments and so much more. *Note: you must be a registered attendee to access the app. Instructions will be provided in your registration confirmation email.
Tips for Holding Successful Meetings
• Develop an agenda with your trading partner – outline specific objectives you want to accomplish for each meeting.
• Make sure the agenda has been communicated to all meeting participants.
• Prepare for each meeting individually – understand your company’s relationship with each trading partner and be prepared to outline growth opportunities.
• Identify meeting materials that will be used and be sure to have them available.
• Have the right people in the room so you can hold meaningful meetings.
• Begin and end on time – participants have many meetings to attend.
• Make sure all meeting participants are clear on the next steps.
Following up on your meetings
• If you can’t get through your whole meeting agenda, be sure to follow up after the meeting is over.
• Set aside time after the Convention to review meeting notes.
• It is recommended that you follow up within a week for time sensitive items and within one month for all other items.